At Parrett & Axe, as well as valuing your child’s education at Parrett & Axe we also value their mental health and well-being, as we recognise that children learn better and are happier in school if their emotional needs are met.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We have different levels of support:
Daily support– To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance, developing resilience for all.
Additional support – For those who may have short-term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted support – For pupils who may need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as our ELSA “Talk and toast groups”.
There are some life events that may affect you or your child’s mental well-being:
- Issues at school.
- Relationship problems.
- Worries about money
- Loss or bereavement.
Everyone deserves to feel good and there are steps you or your child can take to maintain and improve your mental well-being:
- Look after your mental health.
- Look after your physical health.
- Take time for yourself.
- Build positive relationships.