West Dorset Schools Collaboration is a group of schools working closely together to share their experience and expertise, support each other and improve children’s learning opportunities. Our purpose is to enable every young person to access outstanding opportunities to learn, which we believe can be achieved by working together.
We are made up of the following schools: Beaminster School, Broadwindsor, Charmouth, Greenford, Parrett and Axe, Powerstock, Sticklands, Salway Ash, Symondsbury and Thorners
- in the power of learning
- that every young person has a talent that can be nurtured
- that good relationships are built upon respect for themselves and each other
- in equal opportunities for all regardless of ability, race, background or religion
Our Strategic Plan
To promote equality and achieve high quality learning and CPD for young learners and stakeholders within the Collaboration
- Work in close partnership to provide learning opportunities
- Provide good transition arrangements
- Use Inset Days and other specific times to provide high quality CPD
To ensure continuous improvement in learning with the aim of continuously raising standards
- Look at extending mastery in mathematics by enabling teachers to meet and have training in this area.
- Enable teachers to regularly meet in phase groups
- Enable teachers to have exchange visits within Collaboration schools
- Enable support staff to have training in areas like Speech and Language
To provide school to school support
- Enable young learners to take part in more sporting events in a wide variety of sports
- Enable all staff and governors to have input into future CPD opportunities
- Review our current use of SEND Services to ensure best value for all
- Enable mental health issues to be addressed by employing professionals in this area.
- Enable governors to access locally based training