Here are some activities to keep you busy:
Week beginning 30.3.2020
This week we are going to focus on a story called The Runaway Iceberg.
Below you will find the story. If this doesn’t work or you can’t access it for any reason, I can email you the story to print.
Here are some ideas of activities to do this week. You do not need to do them in a particular order and you don’t need to do them all! You can also add your own activities if you prefer.
• Read The Runaway Iceberg out loud to your parent, a sibling or to your teddies!
• In this story there are lots of verbs (doing words), for example ‘jumping’. Make a list of all the verbs you can find. Think of some other verbs that could have been used in this story.
• Make a book review using the blank worksheet below or design your own
• Make up a conversation between the two penguins, either using speech bubbles or speech marks.
• Retell the story in your own words (don’t just copy it word for word!). You can change some of the story if you like.
• Create your own story about the penguins
Don’t forget to send me photos of your completed work!
Practise your times tables. Use the ‘Number Rocks’ videos on YouTube as well as the following website: https://www.timestables.co.uk/multiplication-tables-check/ https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/477/Multiplication-Tables-Check
This website is good for general Maths skills including timestables: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
Parents/carers, please email me any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or on ClassDojo.