Return to School Information

26th February 2021

Dear Parents/Carers

As you know, schools are to fully re-open on Monday 8th March 2021. To say we are relieved is an understatement and although the school will be opening we will still be teaching in class bubbles, this will be reviewed at Easter. We have taken this decision to keep our whole school community safe. Here is the organisation for Monday and the information you will need.

Start Times

KS2 children will need to be dropped off between 8.30am and 8.40am. You can also drop off any KS1 siblings at this time as well.

KS1 children will need to be dropped off between 8.40am and 8.50am.

End of Day

KS1 children will need to be picked up between 2.50pm and 3pm. Once you have picked up your child, could you please move away from the school gate as any sibling in KS2 will be brought to the gate with their class bubble at 3pm. This a slight change to the previous arrangements but my staff and I feel this will enable us to keep everybody safe.

Children will still be only allowed to mix with their class bubble at lunchtimes and play times. These will continue to be staggered.

School Uniform

School uniform will need to be worn except on the day your child has PE. On these days your child will need to wear their PE kit to school. Here are the PE days:

Tuesday – Lulworth, Durdle Door and Kimmeridge

Wednesday – Corfe

Thursday – Chesil

Transport

School transport will be running as normal from Monday 8th March.

IT Equipment

If you have received IT equipment from the school to support your child’s learning during the lockdown, could you please return these devices during the week beginning 8th March.

Hot School Meals

Please remember to order your child’s hot school lunch through Local Food Links one week in advance. All meals you may have booked for the whole of the school term were cancelled and you would have received refunds. You will now need to re-book these.

Though school is fully reopened again and cases of COVID-19 are dropping locally, I would like to remind parents to maintain social distancing where possible and if you can, wear a face mask when dropping off and collecting your child.

I can’t wait to see all the children back in school on Monday 8th March. Hopefully, this will be the last time we have to partially shut the school. May I take this opportunity to thank all of you for your patience, understanding and support. I would also like to thank my wonderful staff for helping me keep everything going during these difficult times. I pray for a better time for all of us later on in 2021.

All these arrangements will be reviewed before the Easter holidays and we will take direction from the DfE, the local authority and the latest scientific guidance from the Government.

Take care and stay safe.

Mr Smith

Kind regards
Karen
Parrett and Axe Primary School